Friday, August 17, 2012

Wildfires

Remains after controlled burning in Australia.
As mentioned before, wildfires are vital to the health of many different ecosystems. They provide control, allowing the adaptive species a higher chance to flourish. They also promote the composition of the forest and encourage biodiversity in various ways. The media will likely always focus on the destruction of these fires, but while human influence has changed this once natural phenomena, wildfires do still have an important purpose.

I know I've probably already exhausted this topic, but as wildfires are in the news again, a reminder seems like it wouldn't hurt. Besides, I really wanted to share this photo as it is one of my particular favorites of all my fire-related shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment